RE: Typing a Collection of Nodes

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:54 AM, Thomas Hoppe wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> I didn't knew that it is possible to use @reverse like this in JSON-LD,
> but good to know :)
> However, I agree that this is an awkward solution.
>
> Good hint to use entailment! This means that in RDF is is not mandatory
> to define a node type, right?

Nothing is mandatory in RDF but your application may require it.

> I know that a "range'd property" implicitly creates a virtual subclass
> of the defining class.

Does it? A ranged property simply says that under RDFS semantics the
following statements

  <#knows> rdfs:range <#Person> .
  <#entity> <#knows> <#markus> .

entail

  <#markus> rdf:type <#Person> .

Which is exactly what you need. Of course the applications working with this
data need to support RDFS entailment to be able to figure out that <#markus>
is indeed of type <#Person>.