RE: JSON to JSON-LD Creator App

Hi Vikash,

I mentioned that already on IRC during the telecon last week but perhaps you haven’t seen it. Antonio Garrote created something called JSON-LD macros:

   https://github.com/antoniogarrote/json-ld-macros

It allows the transformation of JSON to JSON-LD in a declarative way. There exists also demo using GitHub’s API (it's a bit buggy):

   http://antoniogarrote.github.io/json-ld-macros/

That should do almost everything you need to do. The only thing that's missing is a UI to assist a user when creating the transformation rules.

If you are talking about the schema.org tool, that's slightly different because you don't have a JSON document to start with. Instead, just as Dave proposed, you could simply create render a form and use the data the user enters to generate a JSON-LD document. It would be nice if you could describe the forms using JSON-LD as well instead of hard-coding them into HTML.

> Adding to thing, Dave suggested to go with AngularJS over
> Backbone and use an MVC :) [and I have started digging this]

For the final product that's certainly a good choice. To begin with, however, I would recommend to just create a simple HTML page and add some JavaScript. You can refactor it and leverage frameworks later on. Just create a simple prototype first so that we have something concrete to improve.

> I would really love if the community could provide me with some more
> inputs over this so I could start the implementation of this phase :-)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Markus

P.S.: Just a small request.. On mailing lists, like this one here, people usually prefer text-only mails because it makes, e.g., replying much easier. So, in future, could you please ensure to send text-only instead of HTML formatted mails.