RE: [json-ld.org] JSON-LD in HTML (#231)

On Friday, March 22, 2013 3:48 PM, David Wood wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tend toward Gregg's comments below.  The section only
> applies to those people extracting JSON-LD content into RDF,
> therefore those wishing to "just use JSON-LD" shouldn't need
> to worry about it.

The section says:

[[[
If a processor extracts the JSON-LD content into RDF, it should expand the
JSON-LD fragment into an RDF dataset using the algorithm defined in
JSON-LD-API Convert to RDF Algorithm [JSON-LD-API]. If the HTML file
contains multiple JSON-LD script tags, or other RDF statements are
extracted, the result is the RDF merge of the datasets.

Other processors implementing this mechanism may choose to return the
expanded JSON-LD output.
]]]

I'm specifically worried about the second paragraph. This suggest (to me at
least), that other (?) processors should return expanded JSON-LD output
instead of returning it as is. I would be satisfied if we clarify that
second part. Maybe rewriting the two paragraphs above to:

Defining how such data may be used is beyond the scope of this
specification. The embedded JSON-LD document might be extracted as is or
converted to RDF.

If JSON-LD content is extracted as RDF, it should be expanded into an RDF
dataset using the Convert to RDF Algorithm [JSON-LD-API]. If multiple
embedded JSON-LD documents are extracted as RDF, the result is the RDF merge
of the extracted datasets.

This probably still needs some wordsmithing but I hope it's clear what I'm
looking for :-)

Cheers,
Markus