Re: Intent to close ISSUE-205

On 16/01/13 01:27, Manu Sporny wrote:
> The writing is on the wall. I suggest that the RDF WG move toward the
> URL terminology.

The writing is on the wall ... but the predictive text algorithm is
still running.

That is what the RDF-WG tried to do last time.  It tried to align "RDF
URI reference" with what was emerging as IRIs.  And that's why it
allowed spaces. But the IRI work changed course. (I was no there at the
time.)

Let's balance where things might be going with the possibility they go
somewhere else. This URL spec isn't even finished yet and the text is
rough. Even a quick scan produced:

[[ Sec 5: URL
A URL is either a relative URL or an absolute URL. Either form can be
followed by a fragment.
]]

So, as currently written (and it's only draft text), an absolute URL
does not have a fragment.  Possibly intentional, possibly not.  From an
HTTP perspective fragments are not relevant.

[[ 5.1
A URL must be either a relative URL or an absolute URL, optionally
followed by "#" and a fragment.
]]

Is "#" part of the fragment or not? (answer from the parsing algorithm
is "not")

I would have thought JSON-LD needs a term that includes the fragment and
the #.

	Andy