Re: extracting frame from existing JSON-LD document?

Thanks Manu!

On 12/09/2013 02:34 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Elf, keep in mind that the framing document concept is not a
> standardized part of JSON-LD, so things could change over the next year
> or so. That said, there are several organizations (including ours) that
> use JSON-LD framing as implemented in the reference libraries in
> production systems.
roger!

> On 12/08/2013 07:57 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> * can one extract from it frame which framing algorithm used to form
>>   it?
>
> No, framing documents are conceptually separate from JSON-LD data
> documents. However, you could create a JSON-LD frame from a JSON-LD data
> document pretty easily. You'd do this by cloning the JSON document and
> processing it a bit to create a frame (adding embedOn and explicitOn and
> stuff like that).
>
> Dave Longley would have the details of how you could do this, but he's
> really busy these days and might miss this email.
Sounds like something I may look for! I'll try to read jsonld.js framing
implementation and follow up on it sometimes soon...

>> * do documents exist which have no particular frame that would form
>> them?
>
> Yes, most JSON-LD documents will have no corresponding frame.
>
>> * do documents exist where same document could come out as a result
>> of applying different frames?
>
> Yes. That you're asking that question makes me think that there is some
> misunderstanding that you have about frames, but the details of that
> misunderstanding are not clear to me. :)
Yes, you got it right, often I learn things just like toddlers do...
trying to put something in my mouth, taste it, squeeze it, play with it
and see what happens ;)

> It would help if you had an example of what you want to accomplish w/
> corresponding JSON-LD data.
Agreed, in a future I'll try to stay more precise and work around real
world use cases with concrete examples.

Thanks once again :)