Purpose fields in test manifest

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 14:04:07 -0700
To: "public-linked-json@w3.org JSON" <public-linked-json@w3.org>
In addition to the "name" field, we also have "purpose". this was used in fromRdf tests, but not most others. I've just added it to compact. When looking at test results though an EARL report or index, it's much better if "name" is a reasonably-short label for the test, and more explaination goes in "purpose". I'll get to the rest of the manifests, but if you're adding/editing tests, please make sure manifests have both "name" and "purpose" fields.

In the test context, "name" translates to <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/test-manifest#name>, and "purpose" to <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#comment>, so we're compatible with other RDF test suites if the manifests are turned into RDF.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net