Re: API edits to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF

On 31 July 2013 21:24, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:03 PM, David Booth wrote:
> > On 07/30/2013 12:40 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > > The other comments can be found directly in the PR at
> > >
> > >    https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/287/files
> > >
> > > I think it's easier to discuss them (in the proper context) there.
> >
> > I've gone through them and agree with most.
>
> Thanks. I've updated the pull request to incorporate those tweaks. You can
> see the changes compare to the current API spec here:
>
>   https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/287/files
>
> Melvin, I cc'ed you because I would like to kindly ask you to have a quick
> look at those changes since you initially disagreed with David's proposals.

I think your changes aid readability yes.  Overall I'm unsure of the value
of the language change, but could live with it.

RDF is intimately related to XML in that the data types are based on XSD.
JSON doesnt share the same datatypes so conversion is necessary, but I
think it's about as close as you can get, to being RDF.  Im unsure the
language is going to be a deal breaker with most of the RDF crowd, but you
never know -- my view is that the RDF crowd are going to use this anyway.
I think there are many big players out there that are RDF sceptics, but
that could be lead to seeing the advantages of the RDF data structures
through linked data.  Also if you look on programmableweb.com there's a
huge amount of JSON linked data APIs that are not 5 star ... JSON LD could
allow upgrades in a non disruptive way to this audience.