RE: API edits to avoid implying that JSON-LD is not RDF

On Thursday, August 01, 2013 12:00 AM, David Booth wrote:
> On 07/31/2013 03:24 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > David, do you have any other concerns regarding the API spec?
>
> Not that I've seen so far.   I think it looks pretty good.
>
> I was wondering a bit about adding support for lists-of-lists, but since
> I don't have the time to do the work that would be required to add that
> feature, I'm not going to complain about its absence.  :)  But if
> someone else did, I would certainly applaud.

I did most of that work already. So lists of lists are converted to/from
RDF. The only thing that isn't supported is something like:

{
  "data": { "@list": [ { "@list": [ ... ], ... ] }
}

This becomes quite problematic and ambiguous as soon as you set a container
for data:

{
  "@context": {
    "data": { "@id": ..., "@container": "@list" }
  },
  "data": [ [ a, b ], { "@list": [ b, c ] }, ... ]
}

There aren't that many use cases that require such a thing (or that couldn't
live with blank nodes that represent that heads of those inner lists). So I
think we don't have to worry much more about this for JSON-LD 1.0.