RE: compact-0018

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 18:04:17 +0200
To: "'Gregg Kellogg'" <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Cc: "'Dave Longley'" <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, <public-linked-json@w3.org>
> With either algorithm, it's possible to construct tests that have
> slightly different list contents, but attempt to (illegally) use the
> same term. There is indeed a difference in how the algorithms operator,
> and your's apparently is more correct for this one use case. FWIW, I
> think we're probably spending too much time testing bizaar corner
> cases, and you could argue that no such tests are a appropriate, as
> having two list values for a term is illegal.

Actually I think we should add more tests for corner cases to really
understand how these algorithms are supposed to work. At least for me that's
not at all clear by just reading the spec.

I think we should discuss this in a telecon; I created ISSUE-172 [1] for it.

[1] https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/172