Re: FYI: Interesting dicussion over at rest-discuss

Thanks for noticing this. I'm preparing the specs to be time-stamped later today, as there's been quite a bit of change since the last version was announced. I went through the syntax document and remove quite a few references to RDF, really trying to leave that to the API document. Of course, there is some reference to formats such as RDFa, Microformats and microdata, but this seems relevant to the desired audience.

The only other real mention is in the advanced-concepts section on prefixes, and even there only to reference the CURIE definition.

I really don't want people to get hung up on the ability to use JSON-LD for RDF, but focus on JSON-LD as an end in itself. If you might take another pass.

Moving the Linked Data section to an appendix might also help the readability, I've also done that.

Gregg