Re: Presenting on JSON-LD and MongoDB at NoSQL Now!

On Aug 20, 2012, at 5:15 AM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Gregg,
>
> a few comments and questions:
>
> - slide 23: I wouldn't show the linked form as JSON but as a diagram with
> pointers

Probably right, I'll just do a diagram.

> - slide 24: is this really necessary?

In the past, people have asked for more examples of what the corresponding RDF would actually be, so yes, I think we need this; however, I can use a smaller subset of the information.

> - what are you trying to show on slide 33, i.e., why do you include the
> subject references twice?

The point of the slide is that having a _references key, that lists all the IRIs which are being referenced is useful in Mongo. The fact that the slide has a single "publisher" with IDs doesn't make this clear. I'll update to use more properties with object values to show how they're gathered in the _references key.

> - on slide 35 I would suggest to highlight also the second
> "schema:Corporation"

Yes, thanks; an oversight.

> - on slide 36 I would also include that property that includes the reference

Hmm, this seems to have gotten lost.

> - slide 38 (and 39) would be clearer IMO if you would also include the
> response HTTP headers, especially the location header

Space permitting.

> - slide 46 there are some missing slashes in the Git repo link
> (https:github)
>
> The other thing I would make clear is that you are presenting an application
> of JSON-LD (slide 30 onwards) and not JSON-LD itself. JSON-LD is just the
> serialization format that goes over the wire.. but I'm sure you already
> planned to do so.

I'll add a heading slide prior to this that makes clear we're onto the use-case/application slide.

Thanks,

Gregg