Re: Wikidata

On Apr 5, 2012, at 7:13 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:

> What about having different property names as follows?
>
> {
>  "@id" : "q7",
>  "title_en": "Georgia_(country)",
>  "title_de": "Georgien"
> }
>
> The selector path can be easily generated by a string concatenation and the
> result would be much compacter.

That's a possibility, but I think they're going to want the "." notation. Also, as I mentioned, they have other things to associate with different languages.

I need to study their data model more [1]. The JSON version is just for a small example, and we need to figure out something more comprehensive.

They're also interested in named graph support for discribing information about their resources. The example they used in IRC was the following:

According to the 1990 CIA fact book, the population of Vatican City in 1970 was 500 people. There's a fact

:vatican :population 500; :population_date "1970"^xsd:gYear . -- using dbpedia vocab

And then there's the source of that data, which is an assertion on the graph itself. In TriG it might be something like:

<u> { :vatican :population 500; :population_date "1970"^xsd:gYear . }
{ <u> :source "CIA Fact Book"; :edition "1990" }

Gregg

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Data_model
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Data_model_in_JSON