Re: Simplify "Multiple Typed Literals for a Single Property" (ISSUE-33)

On 09/28/2011 08:55 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> Reading the current spec, there is a lot of repetition in "Multiple Typed
> Literals for a Single Property"
> (http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/#multiple-typed-literals-for-a-single-proper
> ty).
>
> Couldn't we simplify this drastically by allowing arrays of literals?
> Something like

We would simplify markup (for experts) at the expense of complicating
understanding (for beginners) and complicating implementations. I'm not
convinced that people can't accomplish what they need to adequately with
the current way that we approach literals. Adding this feature also
increases the cognitive load on authors. For every piece of syntactic
sugar that we add to the spec, it's one more feature that is going to
surprise people when they see it. I don't see this feature as vital,
even though it may be nice to have for experts.

-1 for allowing arrays of literals

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Standardizing Payment Links - Why Online Tipping has Failed
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/payment-links/