Re: Yet another serialization format?

On 6/27/11 6:41 PM, David I. Lehn wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com>  wrote:
>> The day we separate RDF and the basic concept of Linked Data is the day
>> rapid adoption resumes.
>>
> "RDF" vs "Linked Data" with a bias against RDF has come up in many of
> your posts.

Please, what do you mean by "bias against RDF" ? That's utterly false,
and if you don't know that to be the case, please provide an example.

>   Could you please explain your view on the differences and
> why you are against RDF?

Can you please tell me why they are the same thing? My position about
this is very easy to find starting from my blog data space (see my email
signature).

BTW - I desperately nope you've done some background research re. who I
am, and my personal experience with RDF. Put mildly, I am behind a hell
of a lot of actual RDF based solutions that actual tackle real world
problems and accentuate RDF's virtues. I haven't decided that RDF and
Linked Data need separation due to excess time on my hands.

>   I'm having trouble understanding your issues
> with JSON-LD and I think some clarification of concepts and
> terminology might help.  Thanks.

I don't have an issue with JSON-LD per se. I am asking for its purpose
to be crystal clear. I am also hinting at how it could achieve uptake,
assuming that's the goal behind the project etc..

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen