Re: JSON-LD bnode canonical naming algorithm

On 06/18/2011 09:52 PM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
> Just to be a little more precise about these two: I don't believe that
> direct and completely reversible transcriptions of RDFa or Microformat
> data with exact semantic correspondence should necessarily be a core
> requirement of JSON-LD.

I agree that it doesn't need to be a /core/ requirement. It is for the
PaySwarm use case, as our company reads data from the distributed Web in
RDFa and stores it in JSON-LD format. However, lossless translation from
RDFa/Microformats/Microdata to JSON-LD doesn't have to be a core
requirement. That being said, JSON-LD does support this now as a
side-effect of supporting RDF.

> I agree that directed, labeled graphs
> represented in RDFa or Microformats (or RDF or Topic Maps or whatever
> else) should be straightforwardly translatable to JSON-LD, but to me
> this is exactly the same as saying that JSON-LD exists to represent
> directed, labeled graphs in JSON in the first place...

It seems as if we're agreeing on that point - what am I missing?

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Developer Tools and Demo Released
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/05/05/payswarm-sandbox/