Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:35:52 -0400
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: public-linked-json@w3.org

> Try telling someone that has been living and breathing JavaScript and
> JSON for the past 5 years that they can no longer do this:
>
> {
>   "name": "Kingsley Idehen"
> }

But I still don't follow this objection. Nobody is saying that JSON
developers can't do that, just that if they do that, they're not doing
Linked Data. Nor have they been for the past 5 years. Nor are developers who
have been living and breathing identifierless XML or CSV for the last 5 or
20 years. I hear you that you don't want to create IRIs for everything, but
it seems to me that means you're making Partially Linked Data.

Specifying how JSON-LD data can be intermingled unambiguously with
JSON-non-LD data sounds like a simpler and more general approach than
introducing blank nodes.