Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:43:00 -0400
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Cc: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>, Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>

> In common JSON usage, consider the following:
>
> {
> "@subject": "http://greggkellogg.net/foaf#me",
>  "@type": "Person"
> "home-address": {
>  "@type": "Address",
> "city": "San Rafael",
>  "region": "California"
> }
> }
>

> Having to specify an IRI for the "home-address" item runs against much
> common usage. Why should this usage be discouraged?

This is fine data, but it's not a Linked Data graph. That is, it's not
linked (can't refer to the address, city or region (or either type) as
nodes), and it's a tree rather than a graph. Are we trying to magically
transform JSON trees into graphs, or are we trying to describe how people
with graphs should publish them in JSON? Or something else?

glenn