Re: Empty frame [] should not destroy triples

On 12/20/2011 04:31 PM, Josh Mandel wrote:
> Thanks, Dave!  Framing with an empty array now works the way I expect it to.

Sure!

> Framing with an empty dictionary  -- {} -- though, is (still?) lossy.
>
> Example:  http://tinyurl.com/7zk3egq (load + click "Framed" tab).
>
> I think an empty dictionary frame should also preserve the set of
> implied triples, unless there's an implication I haven't thought
> through...

If you frame with an empty dictionary, it picks the first match and only
the first match. The framing algorithm interprets an empty dictionary as
a request to return "any" subject, but only one of them. So this
behavior is intentional. If you want multiple subjects you must use an
array (either [] or [{}] -- these two are equivalent). Do these options
not fully cover your use cases?

--
Dave Longley
CTO