Re: Are @subject and @iri redundant?

On 08/22/2011 05:40 PM, Niklas Lindström wrote:
> I believe Gregg is correct, @subject works the same as @iri when
> given in an object of a property, so @iri could be considered
> redundant (albeit more understandable at least for @coerce). The
> question would be if @iri is sugar for objects with *only* that key
> (an no other properties), or if it works just like @subject.

Hi Niklas, no haven't addressed it yet. They are effectively the same,
having @iri and @subject allows us to simplify some of the tests in the
normalization code, but that is a poor excuse to have to keywords that
do effectively the same thing.

We were in the middle of working out the normalization code, so wanted
to wait until we had a good solid first pass before merging @subject and
@iri as we didn't want to accidentally break the normalization algorithm
by doing so.

So, short answer is: not yet, but we hope to analyze the change right
after we finish spec'ing the first pass of the public normalization
algorithm.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Uber Comparison of RDFa, Microformats and Microdata
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/uber-comparison-rdfa-md-uf/