Re: PUT to create new resource in container?

Hi Rob,

Your reading aligns with mine.

In Lamprey[0], the default behavior is to create a new, uncontained
resource with the specified interaction model at the PUT target. This makes
it easy to create new "root" containers, or free-floating direct/indirect
containers.

I know that Marmotta takes a different tack where, in your example,
/foo/bar would be contained in /foo. I believe it errors if you try to use
PUT to create, e.g., /foo/not-a-container/bar.

Are there other behaviors in existing implementations? What are the
trade-offs?

[0] https://github.com/ruby-rdf/rdf-ldp/