Re: New LDP charter draft

From: <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 10:14:15 +0200
Cc: "public-ldp@w3.org" <public-ldp@w3.org>
To: Andrei Sambra <andrei@w3.org>

> On 16 May 2015, at 00:33, Andrei Sambra <andrei@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I had a (late) first pass at the new LDP charter [0]. There are several
> things we need to discuss, that I've marked with either TBD or @@TODO.
> Arnaud suggested we start the discussion on the mailing list, to save
> time during the next call.
>
> So..I guess I'll go first: I removed *authentication* from the ACL item,
> since I don't think it was supposed to be there in the first place.
> Would people consider authentication to be in scope?

Yes, authentication is orthogonal to Access Control.

I think though since access control is on the list, and since it has
been implemented by 3 or so LDP servers the following document should
be referenced

https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebAccessControl

Or perhaps it could be tranformed into a note and then referenced.
The WebID group could do that if needed.

Henry

> -- Andrei
>
> [0] https://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/LDPNext2015_Charter

Social Web Architect