Re: GET RDF Resource

Hi Magnus,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Magnus Knuth <
magnus.knuth@hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> reading the spec I can not find information about what content wise SHOULD
> to be returned upon HTTP GET on an RDF resource.

The reason the spec doesn't define anything is that the intent is whatever
RDF defines that resource.  In other words, it doesn't define any
restrictions unless the LDP RDF Source is also an LDP Container.

> In the past I realized that servers return different content upon
> dereferencing an RDF resource, some servers return all triples where the
> requested resource occurs as the subject,
> i.e. CONSTRUCT { ?s ?p ?o . } WHERE { ?s ?p ?o . FILTER (?s = <R>)}
> others (such as DBpedia) return triples where the object occurs as subject
> OR object,
> i.e. CONSTRUCT { ?s ?p ?o . } WHERE {{ ?s ?p ?o . FILTER (?s = <R>)} UNION
> { ?s ?p ?o . FILTER (?o = <R>)}}.
>
> Are there any suggestions for that?

These are implementation decisions and spec doesn't restrict it.  Though I
would expect it to be fairly symmetrical.  In the sense, if you allow
writing to your server then you'd expect that whatever is allowed on PUT
(or POST), on a subsequent GET you'd get nearly the same triples that were
written by the client. I say nearly in that some servers will add some
triples such as dc:modified, etc.

Let me know if there are still any questions.

Regards,
Steve Speicher
http://stevespeicher.me