RE: JSON-LD & N3 - Re: CfC: Resolution Annotation Protocol to make JSON-LD default returned if no HTTP Accept request header (deadline 24 June 2015)

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:22 AM, Henry Story wrote:

[...]
> > 2. If we have issues remaining we need concrete examples and proposals
> from Henry (as Doug detailed, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-

> annotation/2015Jun/0082.html )
>
> yes, it looks like in the very particular case of Web Annotations the
> crystalisation/framing/profile problem may not appear, as long as the data
> structure remains that simple.

Yes, but only for this particular case...

> > 3. Other work regarding generic JSON-LD, in particular, Framing mentioned
> by Gregg  and 'crystallisations' as mentioned by Henry may require work, but
> the appropriate WG needs to be identified.
>
> yes, this is the longer term work. It could be difficult to find the right group,
> because the RDF folks are not going to care about the
> crystalisation/frame/profile used, whereas the JSON folk don't tend to care
> about RDF at present, and anyone who starts using the RDF tools may never go
> back. But the tension exists and a solution here would greatly help in allowing
> them to work together in a friendly way.

Some RDF people do. In libraries we're currently having an explosion of different vocabularies describing books and related resources, including (but not limited to) BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR, bibo, DublinCore, so we are definitely interested in serving different profiles. I am willing to help pushing this forward, but really do not know which is the appropriate forum.

> > I don't mean to re-start the thread, but these are my take-aways.
>
> Thanks for the summary. :-)

+1

/Lars

*** Lesen. Hören. Wissen. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek ***
--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek