Re: LDP Patch Format FPWD published

Hi Kingsley,

> On 9/18/14 6:30 PM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce that the LDP WG just published the Linked Data
> > Patch Format First Public Working Draft:
> > _http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-ldpatch-20140918/_
> >
> > I want to stress that the WG is seeking feedback from the community at
> > large on the direction being proposed.
> >
> > Getting this draft out has not been easy. There are different possible
> > approaches and none of them is fully satisfying. After a lot of
> > discussions we settled on the current proposal which is very much a
> > compromise. So, please, have a look and let us know what you think!
> >
> > Thank you.
> > --
> > Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards -
> > IBM Software Group
>
> A little bug. The opening example has:
>
> <http://example.org/timbl#> as a URI that idenfies TimBL. That's in
> accurate. If you want to stick with <dns:example.org> then it would be
> <http://example.org/timbl#i> .

I am not sure to understand how this is a bug. Because of the fix you
proposed, I assumed you meant that empty fragments were not allowed in
RDF, but I couldn't find any specification against that.

Actually, [1] suggests that this is a valid approach.

And it looks like Facebook agrees:

[[
$ GET -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/627001044
</627001044#>
	user:id "627001044" ;
	user:first_name "Alexandre" ;
	user:gender "male" ;
	user:last_name "Bertails" ;
	user:locale "fr_FR" ;
	user:name "Alexandre Bertails" ;
	user:username "bertails" .
]]

And libraries like Sesame or Jena seem ok too.

> Please fix, otherwise the example won't achieve its goal. Ideally, you
> should use his actual URI <http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i>
> which has the added effect of being a live demonstration of what the
> example is trying to convey.

As for using Tim's WebID directly, we (the editors) thought about it
and didn't like the idea, because 1. we simply do not own that
document (obviously), and 2. the example data does not exist there.

Alexandre

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPRange-14#Use_of_.23