Obscure section 5.2.3.4 and concept of "interaction model"

From: Reto Gmür <reto@apache.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:56:16 +0200
To: "public-ldp@w3.org" <public-ldp@w3.org>
Hello,

Section 5.2.3.4 specifies that server “MUST honor the client’s requested
interaction model(s)”. Sections 4.2.1.4 and 5.2.1.4 are linked for the two
mentioned interaction models. These two sections specify a response header
that the server should send in reponse to indicate that a resource is an
LDPR respectively an LDPC.

What confuses me is:

   -

   I don’t find a proper definition of “interaction model”. Apart from
   section 5.2.3.4 it is only mentioned once in the introduction.
    -

   In a normative section about requests I’m pointed to a section defining
   response headers
    - LDPC is a subtype of LDPR (see Fig. 3). So for an LDPR it shouldn’t
   be wrong to specify the LDPR “interaction model”. However the sentence
   “request header specifies a LDPR interaction model
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#ldpr-gen-linktypehdr>, then the server MUST
   handle subsequent requests to the newly created resource’s URI as if it is
   a LDPR. (even if the content contains an rdf:type triple indicating a type
   of LDPC).” sound as if LDPC and LDPR are disjoint classes.

Cheers,
Reto
​