Re: lossless paging & volunteering for the army

On 21 Feb 2014, at 18:30, Roger Menday <roger.menday@uk.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> I agree. It's is exactly the same as on the Web for us humans - if I don't like or want what I understand will happen when I click 'submit' on the form, then I won't click.

I completely agree there. In my example about a badly programmed LDPC I was just
trying to make clear in the negative what a well programmed LDPC was meant to do :-)
In doing either of those I was just setting the context.

The problem I put forward initially was here
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp/2014Feb/0008.html

and that was related to paging. A well programmed LDP Client may need to
page through all the pages before it could find out if the container was one that
was going to volunteer its user to the army. Without lossless paging this may be
an impossible task. With Sandro's stable paging proposal one could require those
triples to appear in the first page. One could also place the ldp:SimpleContainer
as a rel=type in the header for simple pages.

Henry

> Roger
>
> On 21 Feb 2014, at 17:10, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
>
>> "henry.story@bblfish.net" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 02/21/2014 08:33:39 AM:
>>
>> >   <>
>> >    ldp:membershipResource <http://army.us/#usf>;
>> >    ldp:hasMemberRelation army:hasVolunteer;
>> >    ldp:insertedContentRelation dc:author .
>> >
>> > A badly programmed LDPC client that did not check the meaning of
>> > army:hasVolunteer may just POST some content to the LDPC and thereby
>> > volunteer its user to the army. If you think this is unlikely then
>> > you may want to consider the wiki page
>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_shilling
>>
>> This remains a red herring to me. Bad programs can do bad things, indeed.

yes. We just need to make sure that good programs can find out what
they are liable to in posting to a container that has paging. :-)

>> --
>> Arnaud  Le Hors - Software Standards Architect - IBM Software Group

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/