From: ext ryan.mcdonough@nokia.com [mailto:ryan.mcdonough@nokia.com]
Sent: 31 January, 2012 15:22
To: michael.hausenblas@deri.org
Cc: martynas@graphity.org; Lassila Ora (Nokia-LC/Boston); ivan@w3.org; public-ldp@w3.org
Subject: Re: Linked Data Platform Working Group Charter comment

I don't think we wanted to boil the ocean here. The point was that if you're enabling read/write linked data on the web, or private network, identity and security are obvious requirements in my view. As Ora pointed out, these issues come up time and time again on the projects we've been working internally.

At the very least, the LDP should offer some recommendations on how to do it. And I agree with you, let's not solve everyone's problems and I'm not suggesting the WG rolls our own solutions either. But rather than punt on the issue completely, I would like propose we define the minimal set of requirements for auth/auth. From there, we can look at some of the suggestions that have been raised on this list so far to see if they are capable of satisfying these requirements.

Ryan-

--
Ryan J. McDonough
Architect