Re: Final edits made to Best Practices Practices and Guidelines - what's next?

Hi Cody,

I'll respond to the list because this is a recurrent question as WG
members get to the FPWD stage and the actual publication process isn't
completely obvious.

To publish the document we need to 1) prepare the document, 2) request
authorization from the domain leader (because it's a first publication and
the short name ldp-bp needs to be approved), 3) request webreq to publish
it.

1) Generate an HTML version of the document which doesn't depend on Respec
and put this into mercurial, assuming a date of publication of, say, 5
days later. Make sure your URL is set accordingly.

The document need to comply with the publication rules: see the validator
from the following page:
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?year=2011&uimode=filter&filter=Filter+pubrules&filterValues=form&docstatus=fpwd-wd-tr&patpol=w3c&rectrack=yes&normative=yes&prevrec=none

Note: if you tell Respec this is a First Public WG Draft, it will take
care of setting the status section etc accordingly.

2) when that's done, let me know and I'll request the authorization

3) when we get it you'll have to send a request to webreq@w3.org, copying
team-ldp-chairs@w3.org with a note similar to:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2014Jun/0052.html

Let me know if you have any questions.