Re: Getting to closure on the remaining issues

On 24 Jan 2014, at 17:38, Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org> wrote:

> On 01/24/2014 10:29 AM, Henry Story wrote:

>>> I still don't understand. Can you say where it's "clearly written out"?
>>>
>>> In plain English: ldp:Container happens to be a class that can be used
>>> to denote the Container interaction model when used with
>>> rel=profile. What's wrong in that sentence?
>>
>> What does it denote when it is not used with rel=profile?
>
> Then the behavior is not defined. It's ok because we're only
> interested in defining what it means when we use it with rel=profile,
> or when you use it as a class.

A URI refers to one thing. This is not a question of behaviour. That
is how URIs are defined.

[[
   A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) provides a simple and extensible
   means for identifying a resource.
]]

It follows therfore from that that ldp:Container URI would denote the
"Container interaction model" whatever the relation that relates to
it.

> Almost all programming languages I know have something similar: a
> class is itself an object that you can pass around at runtime to use
> it. And sometimes, your program doesn't know what to do because it's
> not defined. Classes are first-class citizens (no pun intended) in RDF
> so you can do the same.

You are trying to import procedural programming language
presuppositions into declarative logic. But that does not work.
That's the type of thinking that leads to XMLRPC, SOAP, etc...