Re: ldp-ISSUE-92 (interaction model): Change rel=type to rel=profile for client introspection of interaction model [Linked Data Platform Spec]

> On 7 Jan 2014, at 15:58, John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>>> If you have a graph that said
>>>
>>>  <#joe> a :Elephant .
>>>
>>> This would tell you quite a lot about how you can interact with <#joe> .
>>
>> Ok, I'll bite.  What exactly does the rdf:type statement tell *code* about how it can interact with <#joe>?
>
> Say you have a robot that can walk around, and that knows that <#joe> is an elephant, then it will know a lot of things
> that are true of Elephants in general. IT will know that it has a trump, and that it walks around on 4 legs, that
> if it is older it has a certain size, etc... It will know that it eats, that is has good memory usually, etc. Those
> are all kinds of constraints on how the robot can interact with the elephant. For example it is quite different than how it
> would interact with <#jimmy> a cricket. With an elephant the human sized robot might have a chance to meet it head on.
> With a bacteria a cricket it might have to look in completely different places.

Like on the web, I think that the robot will be offered interaction possibilities in the form of <forms> and this is how it makes it's way around.

Roger

 Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
 Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE
 Registered No. 4153469

 This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of addressee(s) and
 may contain information which is privileged and confidential. Unauthorised
 use or copying for disclosure is strictly prohibited. The fact that this
 e-mail has been scanned by Trendmicro Interscan does not guarantee that
 it has not been intercepted or amended nor that it is virus-free.