Re: ldp-ISSUE-92 (interaction model): Change rel=type to rel=profile for client introspection of interaction model [Linked Data Platform Spec]

On 1/7/14 9:58 AM, John Arwe wrote:
> > If you have a graph that said
> >
> >   <#joe> a :Elephant .
> >
> > This would tell you quite a lot about how you can interact with <#joe> .
>
> Ok, I'll bite.  What exactly does the rdf:type statement tell *code*
> about how it can interact with <#joe>?

That the entity denoted by the identifier <#joe> is the subject of a
relation that has :Elephant as its object i.e., that there is an
association between the referent of <#joe> and :Elephant facilitated by
the relation denoted by rdf:type.

In addition to the above, since the meaning of the rdf:type is clearly
defined, it also implies that the referent of <#joe> is an instance of
:Elephant.

The meaning of the relation has bearing on the shape and form of
interactions.

[1] http:// bit.ly/18UWaKJ -- Linked Data (using HTTP URIs to make terms
that resolve to descriptors or description documents)
[2] http://bit.ly/1jlHsq9 -- RDF Relation Semantics Illustrated
[3] http://bit.ly/JVkgP8 -- My Glossary of Terms.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO