Re: Fw: Comments on LDP-Paging - 5.1.5 whole != sum(parts)

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM, John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> >  MUST NOT is hard to test compliance to anyway.
>
> 1: I don't think it's any easier nor harder to test in this case than
Should Not.  It won't be automatable either way.

I'm not sure what automation has to do with it (I never brought up
automation), I was just talking about someone (or something) being able to
test conformance to this clause.  MUST NOT is much stronger than SHOULD NOT
+ adding the fact it is near impossible for someone to test (manually or
automated), not to mention I think MUST NOT is too strong, that is why I
was suggesting SHOULD NOT.  Yes, still hard to test the should not.

> 2:   That's a distraction.  Automated tests are desireable+helpful, not
required.  Sandro has a numbered rant for that, if you think back to March.
 5.1.6 isn't automated-testable either, but it's still the right behavior
and WE get to define the compliance criteria for LDP Paging clients.  Ditto
5.1.2, 5.1.3, 5.1.4... so 2/3 of the existing client constraints are not
easily testable using automation, by my count.

See above

- Steve