Re: container types

On 23 Apr 2014, at 19:37, John Arwe wrote:
> > For me, an example of a domain would be "Gastronomy".
> That example seems logically (to me) to be more likely to be about non-information resources than the alternative.
>
> The bug tracker, less so.  A particular bug report seems like a document (information resource), that might have other documents AND non-information resources linked to it... duplicate bug reports, screen captures, etc.  Maybe the name "bug tracker" is itself dicey, since it's more likely really "bug report trackers"; a "bug" seems to me more likely to be a non-information resource, and I know we've had some WG discussions raising that question.  I don't see many "issue trackers" (a more general set) actually creating URIs for "the bug that bug report XYZ reports on", but maybe they simply need some remedial education from the philosophers.

Thanks for your two emails John. I've read them a few times now.
(meaning that I'm having a little bit of trouble getting your concrete message :) ... )

Maybe one conclusion is: don't get side-tracked. stay practical.

I do agree that most "issue trackers" don't have a URI for both the issue and the report about the issue. Same for Networths really, i.e "the network the networth report XYZ reports on".

That said, I still think that we are doing something 'wrong' in the DC examples ...

Roger