Re: LDP Test Cases updated to 2nd LCWD

El 15/04/14 16:02, Sergio Fernández escribió:
> Hi Raúl,
>
> thanks for the update. For starting to discuss before the slot at the
> F2F5, how/when do you plan to address some things that now are not
> defined to be automatically executed? Like natural language definitions.
>
> For example, now we have things like:
>
> <#TCC1> a td:TestCase ;
>   td:precondition
>    "The LDP server contains an LDPC at <LDPC URI>",
>    "The membership predicate used by the LDPC is identified by  <P URI>",
>    "The membership subject used by the LDPC is identified by  <S URI>" .
>
> Something to discuss tomorrow with detail.

Hi Sergio,

Regarding the preconditions, this is something already discussed. The
issue here is that for the evaluation of an LDP server we have to assume
that it is a black box and that we can only access it through its API.

The problem arises because there are some preconditions that cannot be
assessed through a server API (like those above).

Also, automating the execution of preconditions using the API may even
make no sense for some tests. In the example above (testing GET on a
container), for checking the precondition we need that GET on a
container works. :)

The only way for the automation of precondition checking is to be able
to access the server through a back door, and here the problem is that
this will be something totally different for each server and, hence, the
developers of each server will have to implement their own code for that.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the meeting tomorrow. But it
would be interesting to know from those of you implementing the tests
how are you coping with either preconditions checking or preparing the
initial state of the server so the preconditions are met.

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://www.garcia-castro.com/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 65 96 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19