Re: Practical issues arising from the "null relative URIs"-hack

Hi,

On 01/04/14 18:09, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2014, at 15:10, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org> wrote:
>
>> Great point, Kingsley. One possible explanation (just a wild guess):
>> so that the companies involved with LDP can soon claim "W3C standard
>> compliance" while knowing that no one else will bother to implement
>> such a specification?
>
> I can easily proove this wrong.
>
> I am implementing LDP mostly on my own with very little money and under
> an Apache 2.0 licence and have had no trouble with any of the issues
> mentioned in this thread.
>    You can check out the code here:
>     https://github.com/stample/rww-play
>
>   It uses Java frameworks and relative URIs as well as relative graphs.
> It uses banana-rdf which allows us to abstract away either Jena or Sesame.
> I am not yet at the point where I can switch from one framework to the other
> on the command line ( because that was not my priority ) but I could do that in
> a few days.
>
> So the "practical issue" discussed here is really very theoretical IMHO.

+1

I've been following this thread closely, quite surprised the discussion
has caused. For me it's is clear that the spec can be easily
implemented; Henry has demonstrated that, but also others we have been
able to do it without a huge effort.

So, summing up, for me the discussion has started from a wrong
assumption from the very beginning. Because using the limitations of a
concrete API to discuss the fundamentals of a new technology is not the
right approach. The limitation of MessageBodyWriters in JAX-RS 2.0 with
respect of RDF parsing is not a valid argument at all. Or at least
that's my point of view.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández