Re: Accept-Post submission and call for implementation info

Hi Andrei,

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Andrei Sambra <andrei.sambra@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is the description for my implementation of Accept-Post header:
>
> - The organization responsible for the implementation, if any.
> No particular organization. The work done is part of project RWW.I/O (
> https://rww.io/).
>
> - The implementation's name and/or a link to a web page describing the
> implementation.
> RWW.I/O - personal linked data storage.
>
> - A brief general description.
> A minimal support for LDP is now included in RWW.I/O, which is a personal
> linked data storage space, following the structure of a unix file system.
> Currently, only LDPCs are supported, since the LDPRs are always files or
> directories that are being managed through RESTful operations. RWW.I/O
> encourages the use of .meta files to semantically describe non-LD resources
> (e.g. images, html, js, css, etc.), and the use of .acl files for access
> control rules using the WAC vocabulary. Both .meta and .acl should be used
> per file (i.e. photo.jpg will have a .meta.photo.jpg and a .acl.photo.jpg).
>
> - The implementation's level of maturity: research, prototype, alpha,
> beta, production, widely used, etc.
> Beta until more features from LDP spec are included (if necessary).
>
> - Coverage: which parts of the protocol specification are implemented and
> which versions of the Internet-Draft were implemented.
> LDPCs on the server side, pagination and Accept-Post header.
> You can test LDPC support like this: curl -H "Accept: text/turtle"
> https://deiu.rww.io/public/?p=1
> You can test Accept-Post header like this: curl -v -X OPTIONS -H "Accept:
> text/turtle" https://deiu.rww.io/public/
>
> - Licensing: the terms under which the implementation can be used. For
> example: proprietary, royalty licensing, freely distributable with
> acknowledgement (BSD style), freely distributable with requirement to
> redistribute source (General Public License (GPL) style), and other
> (specify).
> MIT license. Source code is available on GitHub at
> https://github.com/deiu/rww.io
>
> - Implementation experience: any useful information the implementers want
> to share with the community.
> Implementing current LDP features in RWW.I/O was trivial. I've also
> decided to add the Accept-Post header to HEAD replies, as it helps to
> reduce the number of requests for a client trying to discover more
> information about the server.

This is good to see.  I assume this then means it is available on GET
response too.  Do you supply this on a POST response, especially when it is
unsupported media type (415)?

I tested this but I received a 406 instead of 415 (and I didn't get the
Accept-Post header but would be good to get it in this case).  Which makes
me think which is the right choice.  Now that we have an accept type
header, one could see that 406 might be the right status code
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.7

$curl -v -X POST -H "Content-type: text/steve" https://deiu.rww.io/public/

- Steve Speicher