Re: ldp-ISSUE-59 (recursive-delete): Reconsider usage of Aggregate/Composite construct to get predictable container delete behavior [Linked Data Platform core]

On 22/03/13 05:02, Wilde, Erik wrote:
> On 2013-03-21 12:28 , "Andy Seaborne" <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
> wrote:
>> I agree - links (bookmarks) are important.  Clients don't always start
>> at the home page.
>
> that's true, but if a bookmark broke, then starting from a home
> page/resource, clients should be able to rediscover resources, by
> repeating the process they used to discover them in the first place. by
> removing all links to LDP resources, this is no longer possible, so these
> resources are of no use to new clients. if the server keeps them around,
> it would be nice to make them discoverable.

In a world where it's machines processing data, the idea of repeating
the discover process does not make sense.  One program may discover the
link and pass it to another application.  The second application has no
way to rediscover the link.

Deleting material in the web world is hard but recursive delete from a
container seems to be just one case.

	Andy