Re: linking from resource -> container ..

On 3/4/13 12:41 PM, Roger Menday wrote:

> My explanation of why this is an important issue was a bit of a ramble
> on the call just earlier, so, I'll have another go at explaining:
>
> Navigation is on the web is moving (i.e. browsing) between domain data
> resources. Along on the way we may want to interact to create new
> resources. This interaction is done using other methods POST, PUT,
> etc, via 'interaction' resources (which are discovered/linked inside
> the LD).
>
> The networth example of the spec (example 2) is a case in point. i.e.
> given a networth resource (by searching, navigation, ...), should I
> want to interact with the resource I need to know where the associated
> containers are. This isn't back-linking, it is linking in the flow of
> the application.

Yes!

Because when the subject matter context is RDF (model) based Linked
Data, _links_ denote things in a manner that enables them resolve to the
meaning/sense of their referents.

A predicate is a thing endowed with its own set of characteristics
(attributes or properties). Thus, when a _link_ denotes a predicate (as
is the case with the RDF model)  it enables a machine or human
comprehend the meaning (semantics) of the relationship between the
subject and object(s) of said predicate.

We need to peel this onion back a few more layers via actual live
examples for this little RDF based Linked Data mystery to unravel fully,
methinks :-)

Kingsley

> Roger
>

>>> While it is tempting to want to have "back links" - links from
>>> member resources to the containers they are member of - because it
>>> certainly can be convenient, we can't possibly require that of all
>>> implementations.
>>>

>> Based on ex.2 in the spec: I believe that from a networth resource,
>> it must be possible to discover the container(s) that a client then
>> needs to interact with to manage its assets and liabilities details.
>>
>> I don't understand why you consider this to be a "back link" ?
>>
>> Roger
>>
>>> <>
>>>   a ldp:Container;
>>>   ldp:membershipSubject <_http://example.org/netWorth/nw1_>;