Re: LDP drafts for review in preparation of Last Call -- deadline July 22

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Sergio Fernández <
sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here some comments from the Apache Marmotta (incubating) project:
>
> 4.1.8 "LDPR server responses must use entity tags (either weak or strong
> ones) as response ETag header values.": I do not remember the concrete
> resolution of this issues, but I'd prefer to say SHOULD until a standard
> ETag calculation would be specified. And this would be aligned with 4.4.2
> too.

See:
Proposal accepted:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2013Feb/0053.html
Meeting where it was accepted:
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/meeting/2013-02-11#Issue__2d_10_Guidance_around_ETags

> 4.2.3: Here I miss a reference to RFC 2616 Section 12 (HTTP/1.1 Content
> Negotiation).

Changed.

> 4.4.1: We still think this would be ignored by many implementations, since
> mixing metadata about the resource itself and the server status could be a
> potential conflict, specially because DC Terms is wide-spread and used in
> many applications. Anyway it is fine for us to keep the "MAY" there.

No change.

> 4.9: Beside the simple linked list structure for linking pages, maybe
> could be also added there something like "The page resource representation
> MAY have triples with the subject of the page, predicates ldp:prevPage,
> ldp:firstPage or ldp:lastPageof and object being the URL for the respective
> pages."

No change. This seems to be creating more concepts and vocabulary terms,
perhaps this would be good to put on wish list.

> 4.9.2 I think custom page size is out of the spec, so I'd add something
> "Page size MAY be decided by LDPR servers". The same could be applied for
> the name of the parameter to retrieve concrete pages: p, page or whatever.

Added something to the intro section.

> 5.3: Personally I find the explanation a bit difficult to read and
> understand. But since I have no better proposal, I'm fine with it. Maybe,
> adding a new paragraph saying something like "LDPC results ordering MUST be
> as defined by SPARQL SELECT’s ORDER BY clause [SPARQL-QUERY]" would allow
> to simplify some of the point in that section.

No change made.  I think this is covered in 5.3.5, I'm not sure what
specific section you are referring to as having the problem.

> 5.3: What about adding something like "The Client MAY specify the object
> for ldp:containerSortCriteria and ldp:containerSortCriterion."? The
> question is how.
>
> No change made. Not sure what the issue is and how this solves it.

5.3.1: I'd change the link to the example ("as in the example") to refer
> the concrete example, I think example 6. Currently does not work when
> printing.

No change made. We'd have to manual do this, respec bug.  Will put on
editor backlog.

> 5.4: For a non-LDPR POSTed to the LDP server, the server may create a
> corresponding LDPR. The non-LDPR may Link (HTTP-Header) to it's
> associated LDPR using the "meta"-relation - why not add the also an
> inverse Link (HTTP Header) using e.g. the "content"-relation?

No change. Never was proposed and therefore part of a resolution.

> 4.10 & 5.10: We may need more thinking about this feature. It is a cool
> idea, but again mixing resource and server status data. In case of having
> more open questions about this, I'd prefer to keep out.
>
> This is one of the reasons it is marked *at risk*.  I would assume at some
point the WG will need to decided on whether to include it.  I will check
with way we track feedback on this, other than just LC comments.

Thanks for the feedback,
Steve Speicher