Re: Proposal for containers

hello henry.

On 2013-01-31 12:43 , "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>LDPRs which can be any type of RDF groph. In RDF the type of  the <>
>document
>can be infinite. It could be a foaf:Document,
>foaf:PersonalProfileDocument,
>ldp:Container, ldp:Resource, mony:ShoppingCart, ...
>In atom there are only two types atom:Entry and atom:Feed.

everything in atom is an entry or a feed, that's true. but similarly,
everything in LDP is a container or an entry, or is that incorrect?
assuming that this is indeed the fact, then we should represent that in
the protocol. if not, then i am wondering how a client would be able to
find entries when it gets, for example, the contents of a container and
expects to be able to locate entries.

>So given that application/atom+xml can only contain two subtypes
>it is just about ok to put it in the mime/type of the header.

but they don't need to be there. it's optional per the protocol.