Re: Interaction model vs data model

From: Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <nmihindu@fi.upm.es>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:16:45 +0100
To: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com> wrote:

For what it's worth, section 5.2.1 of the LDP spec [2] states that "A
> Linked Data Platform Container must also be a conformant Linked Data
> Platform Resource." I've always read that as meaning that an LDPC is an
> LDPR.

In the data model,

LDPR:
    - has a RDF representation

LDPC:
    - has a RDF representation
    - has a set of reserved properties with their semantics defined by the
protocol
    - contains some protocol data

so LDPC is a specialization of LDPR.

In the interaction model,

GET:
   LDPR - returns the current state.
   LDPC - returns the current state. In addition, provides mechanisms
to retrieve only part of the state (non-member properties) and
provides additional features like paging, ordering based a special property
(membership predicate).

PUT:
   LDPR - updates the current state
   LDPC - Only part of the state may be updated via
<containerURL>?non-member-properties. The rest of the state is managed by
the server.

POST:
   LDPR - updates it's state by appending new triples ?
   LDPC - creates new resources

DELETE:
   LDPR - deletes itself
   LDPC - deletes itself and any resources contained by it

LDPC and LDPR have different interaction models but I suppose a
specialization can have a different interaction model.

Best Regards,
Nandana