Re: MKCOL for making collections

On 22 Jan 2013, at 23:12, Ashok Malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 1/22/2013 1:52 PM, Alexandre Bertails wrote:
>> If I know that X is an LDPC, and that the LDP spec tells me how to
>> create a sub-LDPC from there directly, then I don't need anything
>> else, do I?
>>
>> It looks like the home document notion is overkill to me and much more
>> general.
>
> The question is how do you start?  Where do you get the URI for the first LDPC?

Ashok that does not matter at all. You start from anywhere on the web.
Think about it: where do you get the first link for any good story
you see on the web. From anywhere! From a friend, from  Google, from
from a tweet, from a bug, from a TV show. It should not matter from
where you get it.

On the other hadn once you are in the collection, and knowing it is one,
know how to make another collection ( assuming you have the rights to,
and indeed discovering that you have the rights to, should also be visible
to you from the collection ).

That is what hypertext or hyper data is about.

Henry