Re: Clarification on section 5.4.1

El 29/04/13 15:44, Roger Menday escribió:

> hi
>
> Section 5.4.1 says::
>
> "LDPC clients should create member resources by submitting a
> representation as the entity body of the HTTP POST to a known LDPC.
> If the resource was created successfully, LDPC servers must respond
> with status code 201 (Created) and the Location header set to the new
> resource’s URL. Clients shall not expect any representation in the
> response entity body on a 201 (Created) response."
>
> My understanding is that this does allow a submitted representation
> and the consequently created resource to differ. Can one of the 3
> editors confirm this please ?
>
> regards, Roger

Hi Roger,

That is totally true. I also arrived to that conclusion while defining
the test cases.

Currently there are no restrictions on the representation of resources
allowed by a server.

Therefore, an LDPR representation submitted by a client may include
properties that will be ignored by the server and properties that will
not be ignored by the server.

Besides, the LDPR representation provided by a server may include
properties submitted by the client and properties not managed by the
client (e.g., timestamp).

So, right now it may happen that all the properties in the client
representation are ignored and the server representation includes only
server managed properties (i.e., the specification does not restrict this).

Kind regards,

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19