Re: Access Control Requirements

hello pierre-antoine.

On 2013-04-15 0:26 , "Pierre-Antoine Champin"
<pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Ashok Malhotra
><ashok.malhotra@oracle.com> wrote:
>| Access Control will be provided by the storage mechanism and not the
>LDP server itself.
>This is a very strong statement, and I'm not sure I agree in the general
>case.
>All the web applications that I know define their owl ACL above the
>underlying RDBMS.

i agree, and i think that's pretty much unavoidable for anything RESTy.
the granularity of access control for REST is based on the REST resource
model a service is exposing. how that maps to the granularity/model of the
underlying data store (RDBMS, RDF, or XML) is something that is (a)
independent of the underlying data store, and (b) often maps in
non-trivial ways to the model that is used on the data store level.