Re: ldp-ISSUE-59 (recursive-delete): Reconsider usage of Aggregate/Composite construct to get predictable container delete behavior [Linked Data Platform core]

On 4/5/2013 9:23 AM, Steve Speicher wrote:
> POST'ing to a container doesn't change, create the resource and
> add the membership triple to it.  So I'm not sure there is any problem
> here.
Steve, here is what I was referring to:

      5.4 HTTP POST

This specification imposes the following new requirements on HTTP POST for LDPCs only when an LDPC supports that method. This specification does not impose any new requirement to support that method, and [HTTP11 <cid:part1.08090304.07010805@oracle.com>] makes it optional.

5.4.1 LDPC clients /SHOULD/ create member resources by submitting a representation as the entity body of the HTTP POST to a known LDPC. LDPC servers /MUST/ respond with status code 201 (Created) and the |Location| header set to the new resource's URL.
5.4.2 After a successful HTTP POST request to a LDPC, the new resource /MUST/ appear as a member of the LDPC until the new resource is deleted or removed by other methods. An LDPC /MAY/ also contain resources that were added through other means - for example through the user interface of the site that implements the LDPC.