W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ldp-wg@w3.org > June 2012

Meeting Minutes 2012-06-25

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:42:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.1.10.1206270831520.24477@wnl.j3.bet>
All,
The minute of this week's meeting are available from

    http://www.w3.org/2012/06/25-ldp-minutes.html

and available in text format below:

--------------------

[1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

         Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Teleconference

25 Jun 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2012.06.25

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/25-ldp-irc

Attendees

    Present
           +329331aaaa, Arnaud, +1.510.206.aabb, MacTed,
           +1.845.433.aacc, Ruben, AndyS, SteveS, Yves, LeeF,
           EricP, mhausenblas, cygri, mkerrin, dret, ghard,
           JohnArwe, JacekKopecky, cgueret_work, rgarcia, krp,
           +1.615.891.aadd, +1.937.775.aaee, svillata

    Regrets
           Boris Villazon-Terrazas, John Domingue, Alexandre
           Bertails, Michael Hausenblas, Sandro Hawke

    Chair
           Arnaud

    Scribe
           Yves

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]last week minutes
          2. [6]next meeting
          3. [7]telcon time
          4. [8]Annotea Protocol
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    [10]http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot

    for help

    Arnaud: if you are not in the list of 'present' given by Zakim,
    please tell us

last week minutes

    Arnaud: did people look at the minutes? objection to approve
    them?

    <AndyS> +1 to the minutes

    Arnaud: we take minutes and the week later , after review, we
    approve the minutes

    RESOLUTION: last week minutes approved

    <cgueret_work> I was here but it's not recorded in the minutes
    :/

    <JohnArwe> note that attendee list from last time is suspect;
    SteveS shown in log, but not captured up top, as 1 example.

    Arnaud: there is one action pending review on Sandro

    ACTION-2?

    <trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Sandro Hawke to set up commonscribe --
    due 2012-06-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/2

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/2

    Eric: no idea if it was completed

    <cygri> it's here:
    [12]https://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/

      [12] https://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/

    Erik: Sandro sent an email saying it was setup

    ACTION-1?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1 -- Eric Prud'hommeaux to ask sandro about
    how difficult it is to set up CommonScribe -- due 2012-06-25 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/1

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/1

    close ACTION-1

    <trackbot> ACTION-1 Ask sandro about how difficult it is to set
    up CommonScribe closed

    ACTION-3?

    <trackbot> ACTION-3 -- Arnaud Le Hors to create a wiki page to
    capture use cases and requirements -- due 2012-06-28 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/3

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/3

    close ACTION-3

    <trackbot> ACTION-3 Create a wiki page to capture use cases and
    requirements closed

    <svillata> Zachim, ??P6 is /me

next meeting

    <oberger>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements

    Arnaud: next meeting is next monday, however we might have a
    summer schedule, as people take vacation

    <LeeF> I think we should keep the normal schedule.

    <rgarcia> +1 for summer schedule

    <cgueret_work> +1 to keep

    <svillata> +1 to keep

    <ericP> +1 to slacking

    <oberger> +1 summer schedule

    <Ruben> +1 summer schedule

    <cygri> +1 summer schedule

    <ghard> +1 summer schedule

    <oberger> (given that most are in northern hemisphere ? ;)

    Arnaud: July 9 then every other week until end of august ?

    <cygri> +1 to that

    <krp> +1

    <svillata> +1

    <rgarcia> +1

    <SteveS> +1 to Arnaud's proposed schedule

    <ghard> +1 every other week

    <Ruben> +1

    <cgueret_work> +1

    eric: missing one out of 3 is a sure way to be confused

    Arnaud: no objections?

    <cgueret_work> can we do anything for the time?

    noone screaming, so

    <cgueret_work> earlier or later?

    RESOLUTION: July 9 then every other week until end of august

    <cgueret_work> :)

telcon time

    Arnaud: telcon time. earlier or later?

    it's 7am in California, so doing earlier would be difficult

    <oberger> depends if summer siesta time ? ;)

    Arnaud: we tried a doodle with just 5 people, and even finding
    one slot was quite hard

    <cgueret_work> ok

    Yves: let's continue with this time and see if it works for
    most people or if too inconvenient

    Arnaud: it is customary with a WG to start with a f2f

    there is a notification period for F2F (because of travel
    planning)

    the Technical Plenary once a year, for 2012 it's here:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/

    would people be able to attend that meeting?

    <SteveS> +1 I "should" be able to get to tpac but would
    recommend a 3Q F2F meeting 1st

    <JohnArwe> no known conflicts w TPAC for me

    <svillata> should be able to go to TPAC

    <ghard> Seems to work for me

    <cgueret_work> +1

    <Ruben> +1

    <oberger> +1 probably

    <antonis> +1

    <rgarcia> no conflicts for me "right now"

    <svillata> +1

    Erik: it's more up to the group to decide. at worst we can have
    a small group there

    SteveS: we could also do transatlantic f2f, with two locations

    <AndyS> was not me, was AndyS I believe

    Arnaud: if we get a transatlantic presence, it should be east
    soact US to reduce the time diff

    SteveS: having the first f2f in 5 monthes is a bit late

    Arnaud: the WG started right before summer, with lower
    attendance, so meeting in september while TPAC is in
    november...

    <ericP> -1 to sept f2f

    <AndyS> Notes on SPARQL Graph Store Protocol :
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Jun/0
    030.html

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Jun/0030.html

    AndyS: there are 3 protocols, issuing query, requests

    sparql update allows you to manipulate the graph store

    this is used for fined-grain graph control

    there is also bulk modification, like adding a graph store

    you can delete a graph

    the specification is just translating what HTTP says

    it defines POST of RDF data to add things to a graph

    you don't get hierarchy of containers, like stores of graph
    stores

    PATCH is proposed to mean a SPARQL update

    as in the first example, a URI can identify a graph in a graph
    store

    a more complex example is doing indirect graph identification,
    using ?graph=<uri of the names graph>

    <ericP> <graphstore>?graph=[18]http://foo.example/graph1

      [18] http://foo.example/graph1

    POST to a graph means append, POST to a graph-store means
    create a graph

    Arnaud: do you have comments on how it compares to the IBM
    submission?

    AndyS: the IBM submission has more complex things like what you
    put in containers

    in the SPARQL graph protocol, you only manipulate graphs in the
    graph-store

    there is only one case

    <Zakim> cygri, you wanted to ask about uptake

    cygri: how about implementations?

    <cgueret_work> Redstore implements it too:
    [19]http://www.aelius.com/njh/redstore/

      [19] http://www.aelius.com/njh/redstore/

    AndyS: Garlik is implementing it.

    <cgueret_work> I am

    LeeF: difficult to figure out all implementations

    <cgueret_work> but my mic does not work :/

    <cgueret_work> works fine

    <cgueret_work> sorry... :P

    <LeeF> We don't implement it all in Anzo but will be completing
    an implementation of it in the coming months

    <cgueret_work> (I use RedStore for a graph-centric data
    management stack and the graph protocol works just fine in it)

Annotea Protocol

    <ericP> [20]Annotea Protocol

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol

    <ericP> [21]Linked Data API

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2012/Talks/0717-egp-API4KB/#%284%29

    <AndyS> Linked data API:
    [22]http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/

      [22] http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/

    <AndyS> implementation:
    [23]http://elda.googlecode.com/hg/deliver-elda/src/main/docs/in
    dex.html

      [23] 
http://elda.googlecode.com/hg/deliver-elda/src/main/docs/index.html

    the main difference with LDBP is the link list (next/prev ones)

    provides random access in a big container

    <SteveS> +q Was Annotea adopted? what happened to it after it
    was published?

    <AndyS> app using LDA:
    [24]http://environment.data.gov.uk/lab/bwq-web.html

      [24] http://environment.data.gov.uk/lab/bwq-web.html

    <AndyS> (and I'm watching the server stats :-)

    it's using URI templates

    short-string to predicate mapping

    <ghard> FYI: Virtuoso has some support for HTTP CRUD operations
    for graphs as well. Uses special endpoint /sparql-graph-crud

    EricP: annotea was mostly a demonstrator, paired with Amaya to
    show annotations
    ... it's just a random document, not a Team Note

    Arnaud: scribe duties is a shared responsibility, so we will
    start a scribe list

    default order will be alphabetical list

    <cgueret_work> +1 for alpha list :)

    next meeting in two weeks.

    ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version
     1.136 ([26]CVS log)
     $Date: 2012/06/27 12:30:51 $

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves
Received on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 12:42:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:17:30 UTC