Re: "Basic profile" terminology ?

hello olivier.

On 2012-06-18 8:07 , "Olivier Berger" <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>
wrote:
>I think it would be great to convey some meaning for such important
>conceps as resources or containers, as standardised by the LDP WB, but
>at the moment I'm a bit dubious about "basic profile" (or it's just
>meant to be changed, to differentiate original submission from the end
>result specs ?).
>Can we envision a s/basic profile/linked data/ for these in the future ?

thanks for raising that issue, and you're right that this is an important
one. i am convinced (and you'll see https://gist.github.com/2927644
converging towards this point) that the most important question we will
have to answer is whether we're targeting our design at the data in a
back-end, or at a "service surface". i think we should aim for the latter,
because that allows loose coupling. if we go that route, then /basic
profile/ would be more of a service layer, and not so much the data layer
itself. but it still remains to be see where we're headed with this.