Re: decentralized use cases

On 12 Jul 2012, at 10:33, <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> wrote:

> the concrete reason i am asking is that we are very interested in using
> linked data as a platform, but we also cannot go the route of a shared
> database model. we must have control over what a linked data platform
> exposes and what it does not expose, and we must have control over who can
> add what and when to a linked data platform. these are the questions we
> need to solve, and i am still trying to figure out how to best solve those
> questions in the context of this WG.

In my view the best way to do that is to use WebID for authentication
( see video at http://webid.info/ and the spec at http://webid.info/spec )
and access control ontologies as for example demonstrated in the README
on https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/read-write-web/

An example of an ACL rule written in Turtle is
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/read-write-web/file/cff4d0159b26/test_www/.meta.n3.off

The advantage of WebID is it ties right into LinkedData and you can use it to
build webs of trust. I am working on building much more interesting demonstrations.

Henry