Re: Default RDF serialization

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Arthur Keen <AKeen@algebraixdata.com> wrote:
> Can the LDP-WG consider performance as one of the criteria for selecting a default serialization?  RDF topology can factor into serialization performance.

I sure wouldn't object.

> For example, it can be very inefficient to serialize dense tabular data and time series data (measurements) into these RDF serializations.

This would be very surprising to me as the editor of Turtle and having
done so in the past. I mean I guess it's not as efferent as something
like protocol buffers or some other binary format designed to carry
exactly the specific data in question, but for a general purpose data
format dealing with simple tabular data and times series it's really
not that bad!

> Is there a way for us to have  triple-oriented serialization for sparse topologies and a tabular serialization for tabular RDF data in the same serialization?

Turtle is VERY triple oriented. I think perhaps your talking about
RDF/XML and JSON-LD ;) Now THOSE may very much have streaming writing
issues (XML tends to, and JSON easily can) but Turtle already has very
fast streaming parsers and writers.