Re: Modularization [Was - Re: LDP interfaces in Java (based on Jena and JAX-RS)]

On 8/7/12 9:53 AM, Ashok Malhotra wrote:

>>   Linked Data (upper case) seems to be
>> perceived by the majority of people to be based on RDF.
>
> Not so!  In Cloud computing, for example, all the data is stored in XML.

But you speak of a markup language as though this is the case for RDF.
This is the eternal struggle. RDF left the gate as a format whereas its
a framework comprised of model semantics distinct from any specific data
format.

> A platform has a set of machines which is represented as a collection
> of URIs,
> Machines have many attributes, such as ports, that are, again,
> represented
> as collections on URIs.  I think of this as Linked Data. Resources
> identified
> by URIs and collections of URIs.  I don't think it matters whether the
> syntax is
> XML, RDF or JSON.
Yes, but I would substitute RDF for RDF/XML (and other formats) in the
statement above :-)

> If the LDP WG ends up creating a recommendation on how to deal with
> collections
> of URIs in REST, for example, that will apply to XML, RDF and JSON

Yes! Re. data representation syntaxes and across-the-wire serialization
format choices.

> Ashok

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO